Starting a business can be daunting – especially for stay-at-home parents who are trying to re-enter the workforce on their terms. When considering the world of franchising, cost is naturally an important consideration. Fortunately, there are many franchising opportunities available to stay-at-home parents that require a minimal level of initial investment.
At the International Franchise Professionals Group (IFPG), we guide aspiring business owners through the process of identifying and investing in franchise business opportunities. Here, we will provide a list of our top 10 cheapest franchises suitable for stay-at-home parents.
Depending on the exact requirements of the franchisor, franchising start-up costs primarily consist of unit purchase fees and investments in initial training, supplies, and materials. Fee amounts vary from one franchisor to the next, and may include upfront costs as well as some ongoing fees such as royalties, advertising fees, and ongoing training costs.
10. Huddle House – A classic American favorite, Huddle House is a restaurant chain that specializes in home-style fare including breakfast, lunch and dinner. Minimum investment requirement for potential franchisees is only $134,700. On average, Huddle House locations generate $1.14 million in annual sales.
9. BrightStar Care – A leader in home health care, BrightStar Care is an award-winning franchise that offers quality health care solutions from infant care to in-home senior care. Minimum investment required is $154,000. On average, BrightStar franchisees earn $840,000 to $1.17 million.
8. Custard Insurance Adjusters – Custard Insurance Adjusters provides a range of insurance solutions to the U.S. and Canada, ranging from automotive, property, and casualty claims. Minimum investment required is $157,000, with an average franchise revenue of $1.16 million.
7. Tutoring Club – Catering to the growing demand for educational solutions, Tutoring Club offers private instruction, academic assessment, and a range of specialized tutoring programs. Minimum investment requirement is $179,450, and average franchise revenue is $675,000.
6. United Check Cashing – Check cashing is an ever-popular service– and United Check Cashing makes it easy for customers with a modern, efficient, secure solution. Minimum initial investment is just $193,500, with an average franchise revenue of $614,000.
5. SuperGreen Solutions – Offering green building solutions, from energy efficiency to solar solutions and LED lighting, SuperGreen Solutions is riding the trend to sustainable solutions. Minimum investment cost is $204,500, and average franchise revenue is $732,000.
4. Property Management Inc. – Seeking to simplify the world of real estate investment, Property Management Inc. provides a variety of services such as property acquisition and tenant acquisition guidance to make the rental experience easier. Minimum investment requirement is $210,000, and franchises generate an average of $358,000 in revenue.
3. Two Men and a Truck – Moving supplies and services are an absolute necessity in today’s home-buying market – and Two Men and a Truck offers a variety of moving solutions. Minimum initial investment is $220,000, and the average franchise revenue sits at $717,000.
2. Catering by Uptown – Offering custom catering for special events such as corporate events and weddings, Catering by Uptown provides full-service food preparation and delivery solutions. Minimum investment required is $223,000, and franchises generate an average of $1.4 million in revenue.
1. Primrose Schools – Hard to find the right mix of quality and affordability in school education? Primrose Schools gives stay-at-home parents a chance to join the education sector with a minimum investment of only $303,000, with average franchise revenue of $3 million.
Though there are a plethora of options on the market, the above list gives stay-at-home parents some concepts to look into for their business ideas. When in doubt, we at IFPG are here to help, and have successfully guided thousands of aspiring business owners in their quest to the right franchise for them.